Monday, June 13, 2011

Featured Product: Pennant Dies

I must admit that when the pennant craze first hit, my first reaction to them was that they were very "American". Why I would think that, I'm not certain, except perhaps because there were so many Fourth of July themed pages and cards that they were used on.




My next thought was that they would be good for Birthday pages, and I just couldn't get myself out of that mind set.


Then I was sent a photo of a project that really made me think differently. Take a look at the projects I used my pennant dies to create. The first one is a scraplift of the project that was sent to me. The other two came from playing around.


If you are interested in picking up the Pennant dies, you can get both the straight set and the lacey set together at a great price on our website. Just click here.


This pocket was made with the Spellbinders nested lacey pennants and nested pennants. I only taped the edges, and folded the top part of the straight edge pennant down to make a pocket opening. The pinwheels are stuck on rolled up cardstock (as I didn't have any sticks) and then tucked inside the pocket. Very easy and fun to copy. Stamp a sentiment on one of that banners that comes with the pennant dies and attach it to a pinwheel. Mine won't fit in an envelopes very well, but I think I'm keeping this one for myself for a while anyway. :>)




My New Years resolution this year was to deplete the old stickers off the sticker wall. They just aren't as popular as they used to be. So, I've been making lots of cards and layouts with stickers. The bird on the card below is a PSX sticker....old but great. PSX stickers lent themselves so well to card making and they have been fun to use up....plus I can't tell you how many people ask me if I colour my cards .....nope, it's a sticker!


On this card I used the spellbinders pennants again, as well as one of my Nellies die sets. I just had to add some stitching to the inside pennant and some glitter to the sticker. I made 20 of these cards, and they are for sale at the store.



This layout was so fun. I just kept adding more and more pennants. The critters are made with the Create a Critter Cricut Cartridge. This layout will be going up as a class, so keep an eye on the schedule.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment